Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1/25/2014 - Leaving on a Jet Plane

Hello everybody,
Oh boy so I only have 11 days until I leave for Korea. I don't think I've ever been more excited in my life. I expect the first few months to be full of being totally confused, having to eat things that just thinking about makes me want to throw up, having a lot of Korean people laugh and me, and totally enjoying every single minute of it. I can't wait until I get there. I also can't wait for the fact that I will be able to teach the people there about the gospel and bring the happiness that I have found in my life through it.

So we are kinda just going through the motions right now. We are all studying really hard because we can't speak the language at all haha. So yesterday it was the birthday of an elder in my district. He got a huge cake in the mail which was really cool. But the funny thing was that 5 other members of my district including me got a bunch of stuff from home as well. We put everything that we had together and there was brownies, cinnamon rolls, cake, doughnuts, and a lot of candy. There is no wonder we have all gained like 10 to 20 pounds from being here. Haha we have one Elder who always misses things because he is the zone leader and it's kinda funny.

This week we got a bunch of native speaking Koreans. There all all super cool and it's nice because we kinda know enough Korean to be able to say some things to them and ask them questions. One thing about them is that they are all so so skinny. Like they are tiny!!! I can't wait to lose all this extra fat I have in Korea because the eat so healthy over there.

Not really much happened this week. We just study really hard every day and gain a deeper understanding of the gospel. I love studying the gospel so much. Reading from the book of Mormon in the greatest thing in the entire world. Our teachers are super great and they inspire us to study hard and have a love for Korea.

Sorry I'm really boring this week. Just wait until I get to Korea and i'm sure you'll here a lot from me about everything that going on.
I love being here in the MTC but I just can't wait for Korea. I love this gospel and I have never been to Korea but I just love all the people there already. I know the church is true. I love the Lord and can see his influence in my life more and more everyday.
I love you all and hope you are all doing well.

Elder Daniel John Meeks

No comments:

Post a Comment