Sunday, April 13, 2014

4/6/2014 - a Real Letter

Hey everyone,


Life is really awesome here in Korea. One thing that has been really awesome is that our ward mission leader is like the greatest guy in the whole world. So he called us one day and asked if we had any appointments and that if we did he said he wanted to come. We said that we did and that he could come, except we were going to be talking to a man form Cameroon Africa about the bible and some deep questions about what we believe. His English is not very good. We were going to meet at a McDonnelds and the whole time there was music playing in the background and it was really hard to have to spirit in the room. But when our ward mission leader started to bare his testimony in really broken English I couldn't hear the music at all and the spirit was so strong. He was found by the missionaries when he was a teenager and was baptized and then served a mission. And then last night we had him with the family that we are teaching and he went so well. He was able to explain everything in a way that made them understand and feel the spirit. In Korea it's really hard to have lessons with members there because there is some sort of pressure or something like that. I don't really understand why that is but this time was really good and they felt really comfortable with him there. 

I played ping pong last week with the other elders in my house. They thought that they could beat me and they talked really big. I guess you could say that the years of playing ping pong in the garage helped me out a bit. I killed them all haha. 

So before my mission I wasn't the most clean person in the entire world. I think i've changed just a little bit. Mom, Dad please don't have a heart attack but i really like it when things are clean now. I think I came to this because the other elders in my house (not my companion) are absolute pigs and don't care about making a mess with our stuff too. I've noticed that being clean just helps bring the spirit into the room so much better. 

Everything is really amazing and our investigators are doing well. It's hard to get them to church but we are working on it with them. We talk to about 150 people a week and it is really nice. My Korean gets a whole lot better when we talk to people on the street. Listening is really hard but i'm getting there. 

I love you all and love this work. I have been on my mission for 4 months now and I can't believe it. I am 1/6 done with my mission. Crazy!!! I don't think i'm ever want going to want to have it end. 

Elder Daniel John Meeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment