Sunday, November 2, 2014

10/19/2014 New Area - Seocho


Dear Friends and family, 

This week has been my transition into my new area. It's been really awesome so far. My new companions name is elder Rosenstein and he's an awesome guy. So he just finished being trained so he's been out for about 3 months. It's just kinda funny because He is older than my older brother. My new ward is a little bit bigger than my last one so getting all the members down isn't going to be easy but I've already had a good start with things. Also i'm living in the most rich area in all of Korea and the members are pretty well off. Needless to say that I will be eating really well this transfer.  

We had a couple of 24 year old guys come into English class who really want to learn English and I talked to them a little bit more and they want to meet to learn more English and gospel so that will be really good. 

With becoming senior companion I am really going to have to take the role in talking Korean. I'm so grateful that my new companion is such an amazing elder. He is really trying and he loves talking to people about the gospel. 

Something else that is really amazing is that I'm serving in the ward where one of my little brother's good friends is living. His name is Gil Tea and he was baptized a little while ago and has been struggling to read the scriptures and pray. I had a chance to meet and talk to him yesterday. He is an amazing young man who is having challenges with growing up in an environment where he is constantly surrounded with bad things. I think it's a miracle that I'm able to come here and help find his faith and become a strong member of this church. 

Thank you all so much for you prayers. I love you all. 

Elder Meeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment