Sunday, June 8, 2014

6/8/2014 - The best and worst









Hello family and friends,

So this week has been full of some of the best things and some of the worst things of my mission so far. 

We were about to go out for the day and we got a call from the sisters in our district. They told us that a man, about 10 minutes earlier, had jump off the 14th floor of the building right outside of there door. We quickly came over and we saw the body of the man who had jumped off the building. It was really really sad and the sisters were not very happy about it. Apparently this type of thing is pretty common in Korea. I just feel really bad for that man and i'm sure that his spirit is more at peace now. 

Alright just had to tell that one. There have actually been some really cool things that have happened this week. First, I've now been on a mission for 6 months now. I can't believe i'm one-forth done!! 

Also, we were going to go out and I was going to play some hymens on guitar and another elder was going to sing, but we ran across a group of kids my age with a guitar and I walked up and asked if I could play with them. We ended up playing for like an hour or so which was super fun. They all lived super far away so we couldn't meet with any of them again but they now know who the missionaries are. 

We went to a really funny wedding of an older guy in our ward. It was just at our church and it was with a non-member and it was like a 10 minute long ceremony with like 10 balloons and a really cheep cake. There was also a meal after and that was it. Not really the most beautiful wedding in the world but it was fun. 

I just ended my 3 transfer and i'm staying with my companion so it's officially that I will be his last companion. I'll make sure he works hard for sure.  

We picked up a new investigator that has been coming to our English class for a really long time. His name is Ty and he is about 60 years old. In English class we looked at The Proclamation to the Family so in our lesson that lead to a talk on the Law of Chastity. Thankfully everything we said he agreed with so that's a blessing. Anyway we are going to try and teach him more along the lines of The restoration and Plan of Salvation next to though. 

We are always doing our best do find new people to teach and bring people unto Christ. It's pretty hard though. People don't really just line of to receive baptisms in Korea. But it's not impossible and I know there are people out there for us to teach and baptize. 

Love you all and hope you all have a good week. 

Elder Daniel Meeks

From another Elders Blog about Daniel:

Monday we went to our first Preach My Gospel Teacher Improvement (PMGTI or "Pass off") Brunch at President's house, since I finally passed off my first pamphlet a few weeks ago. Elder Meeks and I did it at the same time, so both Elder Berry and Elder Meeks accompanied us to said divine banquet/brunch. It was DELICIOUS. Sister Morrise made us french toast with bacon, watermelon, strawberries, buttermilk syrup, hash browns, and some super good mango juice. Like, man was it divine! Anyway, we got to talk to President for a while which was cool, and we started to talk about how my dad works as a Production Designer in Hollywood. Turns out he ran into a Korean Film Archive Director on the subway the other day and decided to give me his card! Haha! He said he hopes I get to see his place, and check out some movies! Guess we'll see! :P Later, we found out that President Uchtdorf's favorite movie is School of Rock but.. don't tell him I told you that, haha. However, feel free to like him more than you previously have - that scores some big points! After brunch we hit Costco for my first time in the country, and bought some sweet goods.

Then, Thursday was Zone Training at Dapdong, which was really good. Elders Berry and Meeks taught me some sweet pen tricks from across the room (I sound like a pretty focused missionary, right? ..Haha they were harder then you'd think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment